Jump to navigation Jump to search
This list describes the things that would be needed to create a platform on which an alternative firmware implementation could be provided, roughly in the right order.
- Creating an inventory of the components on the Barracuda board and their functions, and gathering technical information about these componentes where available.
- Find out what the testpads on the Barracuda PCB do - Identifying JTAG and UART would be really helpful here.
- Get a linux (console) shell to work on the current firmware to be able to get info about how the official software connects to the hardware. Memory maps, device drivers, stracing Reciva's applications ?
- Figure out which pieces are missing to drive the hardware - Does Reciva provide drivers to all hardware ? Is a bootloader provided ?
- Try to put as much pieces of the provided GPL code together to get a basic OS up and running. Find out how much Reciva added or modified of the original software packages.