If you think you can help andswer these questions (or perhaps add others) and build this public information resource, please create an accountand get involved.
Some questions that come to mind when gathering the info
- There seems to be LIRC support in the kernel, reciva also provides lirc sources. How hard would it be to add a remote to existing radios ?
- It's very easy, I've got one working on a Logik IR100. All radios include LIRC but the configuration file needs to be changed so shell access is necessary. --Rdk 16:49, 21 August 2007 (CEST)
- What is the purpose of the libgpg-error package Reciva provides ? Is this just used as a generic error reporting framework?
- Presumably libgcrypt depends on it.
- Does the Barracuda use special co-processors or dedicated hardware for audio codecs ?
- The audio codecs are all implemented as software libraries, new ones have been added over time e.g. aac+ and now FLAC --Rdk 16:49, 21 August 2007 (CEST)
I added a usb hub to my IR100. An usb ethernet adapter and the original wifi adapter are plugged into that hub. My problem is that the devices(hub,wlan/ethernet adapters) don't turn off when I switch off the radio(standby)
If the ethernet or the wifi adapter is connected without a hub to the reciva board, the devices turn off if I switch off the radio.
Does anyone has an idea how I could solve that problem?
I also tried changing that option "soft-power-down"->mode2(default) to mode1 --Tim 02:09, 8 March 2008 (CET)
is it possible to add an optical audio out to the reciva radios (esp. ipdio Style)? At least with my radio, the analog headphone output is of very low quality and there is a clearly audible noise at low volumes.
--Kom 10:40, 11 September 2008 (CET)
after i changed my Config849.txt, my radio doesn't boot, when i turn it on, it displays "Reciva Radio ARM Powered". I don't have a JTAG cable, and i don't have a backup file. But can i use a USB keyboard attached to the internal USB port to close the Reciva application (like ALT + F4 in Windows) and wait to the Sharpfin telnet server loads, to use telnet to restore the original Config849.txt file ?
--Andrei66 12:32, 23 March 2010 (CET)